Saturday, September 22, 2012

Keeping Up with Social Media

Nancy Loo's lecture on using social media to interact with others reminded me that I love social media... in theory.

I have successfully used Twitter previously to interact with not only readers in my past internship, but other reporters and the new organization's main Twitter handle. I love being able to send out quirky pictures for Fourth of July gold cart parades or information on flooded community pharmacies (both real life examples), but sometimes I fall behind.

Sometimes I am slow to updated my LinkedIn account or will neglect my other blog for months on end. I was excited to begin this blog thinking I' be engaged throughout the week, but I consistently find myself leaving posts (like this one) till Saturday on deadline. I have also neglected to up the image or the "about me" section of this blog.

Maybe successful bloggers have an inherent drive and a natural strength that they've found in blogging or maybe they make weekly goals and schedules. How do successful bloggers keep up to date?

No comments:

Post a Comment